This month marks the one year anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling to legalize same-sex marriage, a huge victory for gay rights advocates.
Now that everyone can celebrate their love and celebrate it legally, let’s look at some of the fresh and unique spins that couples—regardless of sexual identity—are taking on classic wedding traditions.
- Mismatched bridesmaid dresses let your wedding party personalize their look. Searches are up 50% this year.
- Food trucks and more casual dining options create a warm atmosphere to start comfortable conversations.
- Honeymoon funds are replacing fine china and kitchenware. Searches are up 200% this year.
- Toss bars with bowls of confetti, glitter or popcorn create an exciting exit for the newlyweds.
- Circular ceremony seating lets everyone sit together. Searches are up 80% this year.
See even more ceremony upgrades in our 2016 Wedding Trends collection:
Bottom line: There’s no right way to do a wedding these days. It’s your day, your way.
—Christine Cassis, currently saving ideas to Reading List